Make an appointment:
Our goal is to help students produce their best written work, at any stage in the writing process, improving students’ chances of success in various courses at ICC. Our vision is to create a writing culture on the ICC campus that advances student excellence and faculty innovation. Due to the high volume of students who use the Writing Center, consultations are by appointment only. Please make sure to plan ahead if a visit to the Writing Center is a course requirement.
Writing Center Goals
- To provide one-on-one consultations with students wherever they are in the writing process and in whatever discipline.
- To enhance faculty efforts to use writing as an effective teaching tool.
- To foster student self-evaluation by engaging in conversation about the student's work and seeking to develop better writing strategies through dialogue.
Writing Center Services
We engage students to examine their own writing through dialogue, and our main goal is to develop better writers: that is, more critically aware students with the tools to self-evaluate their work.
- We offer in-person, thirty minute writing consultations five days a week between the hours of 9 am and 3 pm. (Bring a printed copy of paper at time of appointment.)
- We also offer one-on-one, thirty minute Zoom writing consultations five days a week between the hours of 9 am and 3 pm. (Papers with feedback are delivered within 25 hours of scheduled appointment time via email.)
- A resource library (topic include: essay structure, grammar, outlines, rhetoric)
- Provide assignment-based, individual writing conferences for students of a specific class
- Through detailed record-keeping, we can also provide feedback and assessment services for sections or individual students.