Make an appointment:
Click the "Book Now" button below.
Due to construction of the new Student Center, the Writing Center will be working remotely with students via email, Zoom, or phone conference appointments. Our goal is to help students produce their best written work, at any stage in the writing process, improving students’ chances of success in various courses at ICC. Our vision is to create a writing culture on the ICC campus that advances student excellence and faculty innovation. Due to the high volume of students who use the Writing Center, consultations are by appointment only. Please make sure to plan ahead if a visit to the Writing Center is a course requirement.
Writing Center Goals
- To provide one-on-one consultations with students wherever they are in the writing process and in whatever discipline.
- To enhance faculty efforts to use writing as an effective teaching tool.
- To foster student self-evaluation by engaging in conversation about the student's work and seeking to develop better writing strategies through dialogue.
Writing Center Services
We engage students to examine their own writing through dialogue, and our main goal is to develop better writers: that is, more critically aware students with the tools to self-evaluate their work.
- We offer one-on-one, thirty minute writing consultations four days a week.
- We offer Zoom, phone conference, and email-based tutoring services.
- A resource library (topic include: essay structure, grammar, outlines, rhetoric)
- Provide assignment-based, individual writing conferences for students of a specific class
- Through detailed record-keeping, we can also provide feedback and assessment services for sections or individual students.
To make an appointment please use the scheduling button at the top of this page or contact Christine Belgarde at 218-322-2454. Appointments can also be scheduled through email at email@example.com.
Writing Center Staff
- Christine Belgarde