Post-Secondary Enrollment Options (PSEO)
Students can get a jump start on earning college credits by taking college courses while they are still in high school through Minnesota's PSEO program. This program allows students to take college courses tuition free, saving both time and money on completing a college degree. PSEO courses may also fulfill high school course requirements and count toward a high school diploma.
If you are interested in PSEO, talk to your high school guidance counselor or go to the Minnesota State PSEO Information webpage. Local school districts need to be notified by May 1st before fall semester starts. See below for ICC's PSEO application deadline dated for fall and spring semester.
You must be a high school sophomore (special restrictions apply - see below), junior or senior at a public school, nonpublic school or home school.
- You cannot be classified as a full-time student at your high school.
- Seniors must have a minimum cumulative end of the year GPA of 3.00. Juniors must have a minimum cumulative end of the year GPA of 3.20. This is for all high school work (grades 9, 10, 11, and 12) completed prior to enrolling at Itasca. Sophomores must pass the 8th grade MCA reading test and meet the prerequisites of the course(s) for which you want to register. See list of eligible technical courses for 10th grade students at the bottom of this page.
- While under the PSEO program, students may not enroll in classes below 1000, PSEO restricted classes (listed below), or summer courses.
PSEO Student Deadlines
Spring Semester 2021 Deadline: December 7, 2020
Paperwork Must Be Submitted By This Date for Registration December 11
Fall Semester 2021 Final Deadline: TBD
Students must have completed and submitted the following to the ICC Student Services Office by 4:00 pm on the deadline date for each registration session listed below in order to register for classes as a PSEO student.
- ICC Application (online)*
- Notice of Student Registration Form: Digital Signature Option or Typed Signature Option
- High School Transcript
- Verification Form
- Immunization Form (homeschool students only) - Available on Student Forms page under Admissions.
Where to Send: Email forms/documents to email@example.com, fax to 218-322-2325 or mail to Itasca Community College, Student Services, 1851 US Highway 169 E, Grand Rapids, MN 55744.
Enrollment Procedure Checklist
- Complete/submit Itasca's Online Application, Verification form, Notice of Student Registration form (digital signature option or typed signature option), and high school transcript. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred), fax to 218-322-2325 or mail to ICC Student Services, 1851 East Highway 169, Grand Rapids, MN 55744.
Homeschool students must also complete and submit the Immunization form (available on Student Forms page under Admissions).
All of the Above must be completed and submitted by deadline dates listed on this page.
- Schedule a PSEO Registration Appointment:
Each semester's registration appointment dates and their corresponding paperwork deadlines are listed below.
Spring Semester 2021 PSEO Registration Session
|Registration Date||Appointment Times||Location||Test & Paperwork Deadline|
|Friday, December 11||9:00 a.m - 4:00 p.m.||Zoom or Backes Hall||Monday, December 7|
PSEO Application Process: Bill Marshall, Enrollment Services, 218-322-2340, email@example.com
PSEO Eligibility / Unique Circumstances: Becky Niemi, ICC Counselor, 218-322-2321
Criteria for Continuing as a PSEO Student
To continue at Itasca as a PSEO student, you must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.00. Students will be required to complete an ICC Academic Verification form and turn it into their ICC counselor prior to registering for the next semester. If your cumulative GPA falls below 2.00, you will automatically be suspended from Itasca Community College. An appeals process is in place for all students.
|Course Number||Course Name|
|Art 1206||Digital Photography|
|Engl 0091||Fundamentals of Written English|
|Fort 1301||Wildland Firefighting|
|Genl 1140||Leadership Enhancement|
|Hum 1206||Cultural Immersion|
|Hum 1208||International Travel Experience|
|Hum 1209||European and Danish Culture|
|Math 0092||Elementary Algebra|
|Math 0093||Intermediate Algebra|
|Math 0199||STEM Math|
|Musc 1191||Applied Music I|
|Musc 1192||Applied Music II|
|Musc 2191||Applied Music III|
|Musc 2192||Applied Music IV|
|PE 1101||Cross Country Skiing|
|PE 1102||Downhill Skiing|
|PE 1105||Bowling and Curling|
|PE 1130||Outdoor Adventure|
|PE 1161-1169||Varsity and Competitive Sports|
|PE 1211||Care and Prevention|
|Read 0092||Analytical College Reading|
|Coop Ed||All courses|
|Summer Term||All courses|
|Independent Study||All courses|
*All 2199 Courses from all subject areas may be designated as non-PSEO by term. Please consult with the Student Services Office prior to registration.
Technical Course Options
Students who are interested in technical courses may take one technical college level course taught on a college campus as early as grade 10. To be eligible to do so, they must be enrolled in a public school, have a minimum of a "proficient" score on the 8th grade Minnesota Comprehensive Assessment (MCA) test for reading and meet the assessment prerequisites set for the course that must be met by all students. If a student successfully completes the technical course with a C or higher, the student can take additional technical courses as long as he or she meets the assessment requirements for those courses.
High school students enrolled under the Postsecondary Enrollment Options program at another Minnesota State College or University must complete the application and admissions process for PSEO students at ICC. Failure to complete the PSEO application process prior to registering for classes will obligate you for all unpaid balances relating to the courses for which you register. Contact the Admissions Office at this school for more information.