University of Minnesota - North Central Research and Outreach Center
- 218-327-4490 Ext. 2013
- 1861 E Hwy 169
Grand Rapids, MN
- Open Until
- University of Minnesota - North Central Research and Outreach Center
- Employment Type
- Part Time
- 10.50 - 12.00 / Hour
Seasonal Wild Rice Plot Assistants will be part of a wild rice team engaged in improving cultivated wild rice varieties. This position assists in the maintenance and record keeping of various wild rice research plots (both on-site and on-farm trials), greenhouse studies, and overall maintenance of wild rice research facilities. Tillage, fertilization, mowing, and weeding are common duties for this position.
Applications may be picked up at, or resumes mailed to:
North Central Research and Outreach Center
1861 E Hwy 169
Grand Rapids, MN 55744
Requirements & Qualifications
- High School Diploma/GED
- Valid driver's license
- Knowledge of farming and agricultural equipment
- Proficiency in the use of computers and electronic equipment to acquire, arrange, and summarize data
- Ability to lift 50-70 lbs. occasionally
- Fieldwork is carried out in an environment that is often physically demanding, in all kinds of weather, including wind and rain. Dust and pollen are also part of the normal work environment. Working on ladders may be required. Routine work in wild rice plots requires the use of hip waders or chest waders in flooded paddies. Some overtime may be required.
Itasca Community College reserves the right to edit and/or refuse employment listings for posting on this Website.
It is the policy of Itasca Community College to comply with federal and state law prohibiting discrimination in student admissions or treatment of students or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, age, national origin, marital status, sexual preference, handicap, disability, status with regard to public assistance, or other protected groups. Upon request, this information will be made available in an alternative form.