University of Minnesota - North Central Research and Outreach Center
- 218-327-4490 Ext. 2013
- 1861 E US Hwy 169
Grand Rapids, MN
- Open Until
- University of Minnesota - North Central Research and Outreach Center
- Employment Type
- Part Time
- 10.50 - 12.00 / Hour
Seasonal / temporary position, up to 30 hours per week (possibly including some weekends) available. Duties will include all aspect of plant maintenance to include seeding, watering, transplanting, weeding, fertilizing, and assisting with plant record keeping. Field maintenance also to include irrigation, weed control, pruning, and harvesting of fruit and vegetable crops. Manual and computerized record keeping as required is necessary as well.
Applications may be picked up at, or resumes mailed to:
North Central Research and Outreach Center
1861 E Hwy 169
Grand Rapids, MN 55744
Requirements & Qualifications
- High school diploma/GED
- Valid driver's license
- Must be well organized and a self-starter
- Must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather
- Experience in propagating, growing, and caring for plants in a greenhouse and/or outdoor environment
- General maintenance experience including the use of various species of garden and landscape maintenance equipment (both power and hand-operated)
- Ability to communicate effectively using various forms of electronic, written and verbal communication skills
Itasca Community College reserves the right to edit and/or refuse employment listings for posting on this Website.
It is the policy of Itasca Community College to comply with federal and state law prohibiting discrimination in student admissions or treatment of students or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, age, national origin, marital status, sexual preference, handicap, disability, status with regard to public assistance, or other protected groups. Upon request, this information will be made available in an alternative form.