The induction ceremony for Itasca Community College's 3rd Athletics Hall of Fame class will take place
Friday, April 12, 2019 (POSTPONED due to weather- will be rescheduled) at the Eagles Club in Grand Rapids. Details and RSVP information below.
Induction Ceremony 2019
Friday, April 12 - Eagles Club, Grand Rapids
- Dr. Lawrence Dukes
- Dave Hrouda
- Laurie Larson
- 1972 Hockey Team
2016 Hall of Fame Class
- Dan Dilworth - coached ISJC to the 1972 MJCAA Conference Title, 1972 State Championship, and 1972 National Tournament Championship with an overall record of 21-2.
- Dr. Micheal Rybak - coach of the 1995 NJCAA National Title team; coached 36 NJCAA All-Americans; named Minnesota Community College Coach of the Year five times; named NJCAA Wrestling Man of the Year in 1992.
- Howard Conrad - outstanding basketball and track athlete at Itasca Junior College; continued coaching career in basketball and baseball in Michigan and Florida. He was also named Teacher of the Year at Lake Weir High School.
- Lisa (Bodway) Neururer - outstanding volleyball and basketball athlete; 1982-83 Minnesota Community College Conference (MCCC) All-Division team in volleyball; 1983-84 MCCC All-Division team in basketball; continued coaching volleyball and basketball in youth leagues.
- Eric Rysdam - 1998 Pine City High School graduate who attended ICC and earned NJCAA All-American honors in baseball 1999-2000; received athletic scholarship to University of Nebraska-Omaha.
2015 Inaugural Hall of Fame Class
- 1956 Men’s basketball team who played in the National Tournament - a first for ICC
- 1995 Wrestling team who won the NJCAA National Championship
- Will Backes - long-time coach and administrator who started several sports and the women’s athletic program at ICC
- Jim Gabrielsen - coached several sports and was athletic director for many years
- Kathie Allen – athletic director and first coach in the women’s athletic program and is considered the pioneer of women’s athletics at ICC
- Ray Tomberlin - Outstanding football, basketball, and wrestler at ICC and went on to coach and teach at Greenway High School for many years
- Gary Warren - goalie on 1972 NJCAA national championship hockey team and named All-American
- Katie McBride - led Viking fast-pitch team to national tournament and named All-American
- Chris Miller - Earned All-American honors by becoming the heavyweight NJCAA national champion