Why You Should Join Student Senate
- Student Senators are the VOICE of the Itasca students
- Make positive changes at the college for yourself and your peers
- We have fun! You can make friends in Student Senate
- Being part of this team will look great on a resume
- You will be presented with networking and leadership opportunities
Join us for an informational session on Wednesday, April 21, at 12pm in the Viking Grill dining area. Enjoy a FREE Caribou Coffee drink of your choice!
For more information and to join Student Senate, please contact one of the leaders:
Eva Kangas, President: firstname.lastname@example.org or 218-910-5703
Rick Kangas, Advisor: Richard.Kangas@itascacc.edu or 218-322-2319
Kayley Schoonmaker, Advisor: email@example.com or 218-308-8570
Student Senate Meeting Minutes
Student Senate Minutes 11-12-2020.pdf 504.27 KB
Student Senate Constitution
LeadMN - Statewide Student Association
This statewide organization represents all of the 180,000 college students in Minnesota. LeadMN advocates at the local, regional, state, and federal level on behalf of students.
Itasca Community College is part of the Northeast region. ICC and the Northeast region have 2 student representatives on LeadMN's governing boards.
The purpose of the Itasca Community College Student Senate (ICCSS) shall be to have all the legislative responsibilities of the student body, to allow student representation in the affairs of the college. The ICCSS is responsible for representing and informing students about campus decisions. Its members initiate campus activities and meet with faculty members and/or administrators to exchange views on campus issues.
Student Senate Officers
- President: Eva Kangas
- Vice President: Vacant
- Public Relation Coordinator: Faith Romanek
- Student Life Director: Ryan Happy
- Treasurer: Vacant
- Other committee: Lucas Jones, Matthew Elrick, Sarah Kessler, Esteban Paulino
- Advisor: Rick Kangas
- Director of Student Life: Kayley Schoonmaker