Why Should I Join the Psychology Club?
The Psychology Club provides students an opportunity to expand their knowledge of psychology beyond the classroom by:
- Networking with other students, faculty, and professionals in a psychology/human services field
- Exploring training and careers in human services
- Getting involved in community mental health activities
- Joining professional organizations
- Having access to professional journals
- Attending professional conferences
Who Can Become a Member?
Any ICC student who has an interest in psychology/human services is encouraged to join the Psychology Club.
There is no membership fee - The club recognizes that it is often difficult for students to find time to attend meetings and show an active involvement. We still encourage students to join the club! We have a Psychology Club D2L page, as well as club activities, that allow students to keep active regardless of their class schedule.
How Can I Get More Information about the Psychology Club?
- Visit the Psychology Lounge - 132 Wilson Hall
- Meet with club officers and/or talk with current members
- Contact Jenny Wettersten, club advisor - 125 Wilson Hall, phone: 218-322-2437
- Join us for a meeting via zoom: https://minnstate.zoom.us/my/jenny.wettersten
(meetings every Thursday at 4:30pm via zoom - excluding holidays or days where there is no class.)
Activities are determined by the club members.
The Psychology Club attends professional conferences at:
- Support Within Reach is an On-Campus agency offering students support and a volunteer experience in the human services field. (In collaboration with IAASA: Itasca Alliance Against Sexual Assault - Grand Rapids, MN)
- American Psychological Association is a great resource for learning more about careers and training programs in psychology, current happenings in psychology, research findings, etc.
- Minnesota Psychological Association site provides information regarding issues effecting the profession of psychology locally.
- Association for Psychological Science is a great resource for learning more about careers and training programs in psychology, teaching of psychology, current happenings in the field, research findings, etc. This site also has great links!