The Itasca Community College Library has a wide variety of research materials located in the reference collection, electronic databases, book stacks, government document, audiovisual materials, periodical files, and newspaper collections (national, state, and local).
Requirements to check-out materials
The Library is open to everyone in the college community. To check-out materials you must first obtain a photo ID card. There is not charge for the initial card but there is a $5.00 replacement fee for any lost or stolen cards.
You cannot check-out materials without presenting a valid ID card
This policy is enforced to protect you from someone else using your library account. In addition, you must have a valid ID card to perform the following functions:
- Borrow materials through interlibrary loan
- Access periodical indexes and databases online
- Use reserve materials that are restricted to "IN LIBRARY USE"
- Books - 4 weeks
- Periodicals - 1 week
- Audiovisual Materials - 7 days
- Reference Materials - non-circulating
- Reserve Materials - non-circulating
Reference service is available during Library hours to assist students, faculty, staff and community users in finding and utilizing Library resources.
Books and magazines not available to the Itasca Library can, in most cases, be borrowed from other PALS libraries via interlibrary loan through the MINITEX delivery system. For more information inquire at the Circulation Desk.
Facilities and Equipment
- Computers - Over 40 computer terminals are available for reference and general use
- Audiovisual Viewing Room & Conference Room - available upon booking request
- Quiet Study - Individual study carrels, small rooms and a lab are available for use throughout the Library
Monday - Thursday: 8 am- 8 pm
Friday: 8 am- 4:30 pm
Sunday: 2 pm - 8 pm