Video Recording of Orientation Welcome & Technology Training
2020 New Student Orientation - Recorded August 24, 2020
New Students: Welcome to Itasca!
Check back for regular updates with specific details and links to sessions added a couple days prior to Orientation. Specific details and links have been emailed directly to students' personal and college email accounts.
August 24 New Student Orientation Day
Date: Monday, August 24, 2020
Time: 9:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.*
*New PSEO students are also required to attend an 8am-9am PSEO Orientation session on Zoom.
Format/Location: Varies by Program (Online, On Campus or Both)
- Check your email for specific details and links (sent August 22).
- Natural Resources & Wildland Firefighting students will be on-campus all day.
See map below for walking route to the Natural Resources department.
- Engineering students will start online 9:00-10:15, come to campus for lunch, and continue with Orientation on campus at 12:30.
- Applied Psychology / Human Services will be online in the morning, with an optional afternoon meet-and-greet beginning at 12:30.
- All other students will participate online through Zoom.
- All students are invited to campus for a walk/drive-through lunch, 11:30-1:00.
- There will be an in-person AND online club/organization fair during the lunch period.
Orientation Day Schedule
Check Your Email or Button Below for Links
Check your email accounts (personal and college) for specific details and links to sessions. If you did not receive an email on August 22, please email email@example.com and include your full name.
|8:00am - 9:00am||New PSEO Student Required Orientation (online)|
|9:00am - 10:15am||Welcome + Online Learning Workshops (Zoom Link: www.itascacc.edu/zoomwelcome) - all programs except Natural Resources & Wildland Firefighting which will be on campus|
|10:15am-11:30am||Let's Chat Sessions - Online on Zoom, except for Early Childhood Education and Engineering (nothing scheduled for this time), and Natural Resources & Wildland Fire Fighting (on campus)|
|11:30am - 1:00pm||Walk/Drive-Thru Picnic Lunch (on campus)|
|11:30am - 1:00pm||Student Clubs & Organizations Fair (on campus by lunch tent AND online on Zoom) https://minnstate.zoom.us/my/kayley.schoonmaker|
|12:30pm - 3:00pm||Engineering and Natural Resources programs will be on campus for additional programming; Applied Psychology/Human Services will have an optional meet-and-greet; All other students will be done after lunch|