Step One - Application
- Apply Online
- Submit your high school transcript or an official copy of your GED (If you have a Bachelor's or Master's degree, you do not have to submit a high school transcript).
- If you have college credits from a college outside of the Minnesota State system we'll need an official copy of your college transcript.
- Complete the Immunization Form - You're exempt from completing the immunization form if you were born before 1957 or graduated from a Minnesota high school after 1997 or are only taking one class.
Step Two - Complete the Placement Test / Register for Classes
- You can take the placement test and register for classes the same day or you can take the placement test one day and register on another day. The placement test can also be taken at any other Minnesota State college or university. Placement Test / Registration Schedule
- If you have already taken the placement test or if you take the placement test before we start to register, your next step would be to make an appointment to register.
- You may be exempt from taking the placement test based on your scores on the ACT, SAT or MCA tests or previous college coursework as outlined below:
- You are exempt from the reading section of the placement test and ready for English 1101 (Composition 1) with any of the following scores: ACT Reading 21+, ACT English 18+, SAT Reading 480+, or MCA Reading 1047.
- You are exempt from the math section of the placement test and ready for college level math with any of the following scores: ACT Math 22+, SAT Math 530+, or MCA Math 1158.
- If you have completed previous college coursework, you may be exempt from the placement test. Please request that your previous college/university send us an official transcript and inform our Admissions staff.
Step Three - Paying for College
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Itasca Community College's code number is 002356. www.fafsa.ed.gov
- The ICC Foundation Scholarships applications forms are available in early February and need to be completed by March. To apply electronically, just click on Financial Aid.
- If you are not receiving financial aid (or getting enough aid to pay tuition), your tuition and fees must be paid by the first day of class unless you have set up a payment plan through NBS/NeInet.
Step Four - Buy Books
Step Five - Orientation
- Orientation is held the first day of Fall Semester, Monday, from 9:00 am to 2:30 pm. Please check your fall class registration schedule for the classroom location. If you do not have a course called "Intro to College" on your schedule, please call 218-322-2340 and we will register you for an orientation session. Come and enjoy the first day of fall semester. There is a complimentary picnic lunch on the campus mall at noon.
Itasca has on-campus housing in Wenger and Itasca Hall. ICC's Residential Living Director compiles an off-campus housing list each semester which helps students find housing the the Grand Rapids area. If you plan to live off-campus, you will want to start looking for available housing in May for fall semester and November if you plan to attend in the spring. Find out more about housing options.
- Admission to the college does not guarantee admission to college-level courses or a desired major/program. Some of the courses and programs may have prerequisites. Please refer to the program of interest website or program guides for more information.
- Background checks. Some programs require students to run a background check before they start taking classes. Please refer to the program of interest website or program guides for more information.
- Minnesota Statute 135A. 157. If you have been arrested, charged or convicted of any criminal offense, you should investigate the impact that the arrest, charge or conviction may have on your chances of employment in the field you intend to study or on your chances to obtain federal, state, and other higher education financial aid.
- Students must complete the Release of Information Form in order to give Itasca Community College personnel permission to release information about you including grades, attendance, financial aid, class schedule, tuition payments and balances to parents, guardians or anyone you authorize. The form can be sent to the Itasca Student Services Office.