Whether you're transferring in to Itasca or transferring out to another college or university, all the information you need can be found on this page.
Transfer to Itasca
A student transferring-in to Itasca is any student who, prior to attending Itasca, completed college-level coursework and/or earned a degree at another college, university, vocational school or other institution of higher education.
Transfer from Itasca
Transferring from Itasca to another college or university is usually a seamless process with the AA Degree, MN Transfer Curriculum, Transfer Pathways, and Articulation Agreements; but you should always work with your advisor from Day 1 to ensure an efficient transfer.
Transfer Planning Steps
Where formal transfer agreements are not in place (with out of state schools, for example), it is up to the receiving institution whether or not they will accept your credits. These steps will ensure your transfer will be as smooth as possible:
- Learn as much as you can about the colleges you are considering.
- Research admission requirements including application deadlines or specific course prerequisites your chosen program may require for acceptance.
- Make an appointment to speak with a program or admissions advisor, if possible, to discuss requirements.
- Meet with your advisor at Itasca to ensure you will be able to complete all required courses.
- After you finish your last semester at Itasca, request an official copy of your transcript be sent to the college you plan to attend.