ICC is pleased to offer several programs entirely online as well as a variety of programs that include both in-person and online courses. Whether you are registered to take only one course from ICC or are enrolled in a certificate or degree program, there are a few steps you must complete before you can begin your online studies.
Online Learner Checklist
- Complete the Online Learning Questionnaire.. Online learning requires good organization skills and self direction, so we ask that you complete this short self-assessment that will help you determine if online learning is right for you.
- Apply Online / Get Your StarID. If you have no done so already, you must complete the online application and pay the $20 application fee before enrolling in classes at ICC. Before you start the application, you will be prompted to create a StarID if you do not already have one. Your StarID is used to access your email, online classes through D2L, eServices, campus computers, copiers and printers. You won't get very far without your StarID!
3. Register for Classes. After you have your StarID, log in to E-Services to register for specific courses.
4. Access and Check Your ICC Email. Email is the official form of communication for ICC students and it is especially important that online learners check their email on a daily basis. If you prefer, you may forward your ICC email to another account (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
5. Log on to D2L (Desire2Learn) D2L is ICC's online learning system, where you will access and submit assignments and coursework as well as interact with your instructors and classmates.
Complaint Process for Online Learners
Itasca Community College desires to resolve student grievances, complaints and concerns in an expeditious, fair and amicable manner. Students residing outside of the State of Minnesota while attending Itasca Community College who desire to resolve a grievance should follow the College's Student Grievance Procedure by submitting a completed Student Complaint Form. If, however, an issue cannot be resolved internally, you may file a complaint with your State. The Student Grievance Contact Information for Individual States provides phone numbers, emails and/or links to state education agencies.
Itasca Community College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association. To file a complaint with the HLC, visit their website for instructions, call 800.621.7440 / 312.263.0456, email email@example.com, or send a letter to the Higher Learning Commission, 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, Illinois 60604-1411.