Student Complaint and Grievance Policies

Itasca Community College desires to resolve student grievances, complaints and concerns in an expeditious, fair and amicable manner. The Student Concern Process document will direct students where to go for help and concerns. Students should complete and submit a Student Complaint Form to file a formal complaint related to discrimination or harassment.

Itasca Community College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association. To file a complaint with the HLC, visit their website for instructions, call 800.621.7440 / 312.263.0456, email, or send a letter to the Higher Learning Commission, 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, Illinois 60604-1411.

For information about the Minnesota State System Office Complaint & Grievance Procedure, see System Procedure 3.8.1 - Student Complaints and Grievances.

Online Students Residing Out of State

Students residing outside of the State of MN while attending Itasca Community College who desire to resolve a grievance should follow the College's Grievance Procedure by submitting a completed Student Complaint Form . If an issue cannot be resolved internally, you may file a complaint with the Minnesota Office of Higher Education.