Itasca Community College has adopted the Minnesota State Acceptable Use of Computers and Information Technology Resources, pursuant to Minnesota State Board of Directors Policy and System Procedures (Chapter 5, Administration, 5.22.1). The complete text of this policy and procedure may be found at the following locations:
As required by Part 8 of the aforementioned Minnesota State procedure, Itasca Community College has adopted the following procedures to deal with local implementation of the Board Policy and Procedure:
Part 8. College and University Policies and Procedures.
Colleges and universities and the Office of the Chancellor, must adopt policies and procedures consistent with Policy 5.22 and this procedure:
- Possible illegal activities may be reported to the Director of Computer Services, Dean of Students or College Provost.
- Itasca Community College will implement State and System security policies, procedures, standards and guidelines to protect the integrity of System information technology and its users? accounts to the best of it's abilities.M
- Itasca Community College users will ensure that government data in electronic format is handled in accordance with its classification under the Minnesota Government Data Practices Act, Family Education Rights and Privacy Act, and other applicable law or policies.
- Contact information of the official to be contacted by users and others if they have questions, concerns or problems regarding the use of System information technology or concerning intended or unintended interruptions of service:
Director of Computer Services
Davies Hall Rm T235
- Contact information of the official to be contacted regarding requests to use the trademarks or logos of the college, university or Minnesota State system:
College Center Rm CC106
Information and education will be provided to users concerning applicable information technology policies and procedures via the following means:
- Link to policies and procedures on the active desktop of student lab computers
- Link to policies and procedures on the Student and Faculty Intranet page as well as the campus portal system when developed
- Reference to URL for policies and procedures in campus newsletters
- Reference to URL for policies and procedures in student handbook
- Orientation materials presented to new students, faculty and staff
- All users will be required to review and acknowledge an understanding and acceptance of these policies in order to have their computer access accounts activated.
The Director of Computer Services is designated to make decisions regarding approved hardware or software use. A copy of the Minimum Standards for computer hardware and permitted software list are on file in the office of the Director of Computer Services. The computer advisory committee will be solicited for input on the contents of the lists containing hardware standards and permitted software.
Users shall not attach any electronic device to the campus system information technology, via physical, wireless or other means, without the express written permission of the Director of Computer Services, or his/her duly authorized representative. Requests to attach to the campus information technology system shall be made in writing or electronically, on a form provided by the Computer Services Department.
All users shall maintain an up to date antivirus program on any computer connected via any means to the campus information technology system. Said antivirus program must be currently certified by ICSA Labs (http://www.icsalabs.com).