» Financial Aid
» Work Study (Student Employment)
» Supervisor Responsibilities
- Be sure that you have a complete job description on file in the Student Services Office, as well as one for your own records.
- Notify the Student Services Office when positions are open and when filled.
- Do not let a student work until they have a completed a W-4, I-9, and Confidentiality Statement; AND you have received approval from the Student Services Office (typically when you have received a time sheet for the student).
- Communicate clear expectations of work performance with your student employees.
- Be certain that time sheets are completed accurately and that the certification statement is signed by both you and the student. Do not sign blank time sheets!
- See that the time sheets reach the Business Office by the due date indicated on the work-study pay schedule. LATE TIME SHEETS WILL RESULT IN STUDENTS NOT RECEIVING THEIR CHECKS UNTIL THE NEXT PAYROLL PERIOD.
- Evaluate performance of student employees as requested by the Student Services Office.
- Make the job a realistic work experience for the students.
- Maintain an accurate record of Student Employment funds available and funds spent.
- Call the Student Services Office with any questions or concerns regarding student employment.