» Admissions Checklist
Step One - Application
- Apply Online
- Submit your high school transcript or an official copy of your GED (If you have a Bachelor's or Master's degree, you do not have to submit a high school transcript)
- If you have college credits from a college outside of the Minnesota State College or University (MnSCU) system we'll need an official copy of your college transcript.
- Complete the Immunization Form - You're exempt from completing the immunization form if you were born before 1957 or graduated from a Minnesota high school after 1997, are only taking one class, or only online classes. Click to access the immunization form here.
Step Two - Complete the Placement Test / Register for Classes
- You can take the placement test and register for classes the same day or you can take the placement test one day and register on another day. The placement test can also be taken at any other Minnesota State College or University. Placement Test / Registration schedule
- If you have already taken the placement test or if you take the placement test before we start to register, your next step would be to make an appointment to register. Choose "Register Only" for the session type.
Step Three - Paying for College
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Itasca Community College's code number is 002356 www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- The ICC Foundation Scholarships application forms are available in mid-January and need to be completed by March. To apply electronically in January, just click on " Financial Aid."
- If you are not receiving financial aid (or getting enough aid to pay tuition), your tuition and fees must by paid by the first day of class unless you have set up a payment plan through FACTS / Nelnet Payment Plan.
Step Four - Buy Books
- Once you have registered for classes, bring your class schedule to the bookstore. The staff will let you know what books you'll need. You can also check online. Always look for used books to save money.
Step Five - Orientation
- Orientation for Fall 2013 is on Monday, August 26 from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm. Please check your fall class registration schedule for the classroom location. If you do not have a course called "Intro to College" on your schedule, please call 218-322-2340 and we will register you for an orientation session. Come and enjoy the first day of fall semester. There is a complimentary picnic lunch on the campus mall at noon.
Itasca has on-campus housing in Wenger and Itasca Hall. There is also a privately owned student apartment complex, Wannigan Apartments, adjacent to campus. If you plan to live somewhere else in the Grand Rapids area, you will want to start looking for available housing in May if you plan to attend in the fall and November if you plan to attend in the spring. Find out more about housing options.