» Admissions Checklist
Step One - Application
- Apply Online
- Submit your high school transcript or an official copy of your GED (If you have a Bachelor's or Master's degree, you do not have to submit a high school transcript.)
- If you have college credits from a college outside of the Minnesota State College or University (MnSCU) system we'll need an official copy of your college transcript.
- Complete the Immunization Form - You're exempt from completing the immunization form if you were born before 1957 or graduated from a Minnesota high school after 1997 or are only taking one class. Click to access the immunization form here.
Step Two - Complete the Placement Test / Register for Classes
- You can take the placement test and register for classes the same day or you can take the placement test one day and register on another day. The placement test can also be taken at any other Minnesota State College or University. Placement Test / Registration schedule
- If you have already taken the placement test or if you take the placement test before we start to register, your next step would be to make an appointment to register.
- You are exempt from taking all or a portion of the placement test if you have the following ACT test sub score: English 18 or Reading 21 means you are ready for college English and reading classes. Algebra 22 means you are ready for college algebra, statistics or contemporary math classes.
Step Three - Paying for College
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Itasca Community College's code number is 002356 www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- The ICC Foundation Scholarships application forms are available in early February and need to be completed by March. To apply electronically, just click on " Financial Aid."
- If you are not receiving financial aid (or getting enough aid to pay tuition), your tuition and fees must by paid by the first day of class unless you have set up a payment plan through NBS/Nelnet.
Step Four - Buy Books
- Once you have registered for classes, bring your class schedule to the bookstore. The staff will let you know what books you'll need. You can also check online. Always look for used books to save money.
Step Five - Orientation
- Orientation is held the last Monday in August from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm. Please check your fall class registration schedule for the classroom location. If you do not have a course called "Intro to College" on your schedule, please call 218-322-2340 and we will register you for an orientation session. Come and enjoy the first day of fall semester. There is a complimentary picnic lunch on the campus mall at noon.
Itasca has on-campus housing in Wenger and Itasca Hall. ICC's Residential Living Director compiles an off-campus housing list each semester which helps students find housing in the Grand Rapids area. If you plan to live off-campus, you will want to start looking for available housing in May for fall semester and November if you plan to attend in the spring. Find out more about housing options.