Home » Academics » Catalog » Admissions Policies

Admissions Policies

Itasca Community College, an open door institution, admits students in a manner designed to ensure the best opportunity for their educational success. The comprehensiveness of Itasca’s academic offerings provides opportunities for training and education to students from a broad range of ability levels and interests.

Itasca Community College considers all applications. No applicant is refused admission on the basis of race, sex, color, creed,religion, age, national origin, disability, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, or membership or activity in a local commission. Students who have graduated from high school or the equivalent, General Education Development (GED) certificate holders, individuals whose high school classes have graduated, as well as current high school students who meet Post Option program criteria may apply for admission to ICC. A lack of English skills will not be a barrier to admission and participation. An application for admission may be made at any time.

Admission to the college does not automatically qualify a student for all ICC courses and curricula; some of the course offerings in both career and transfer programs require a prerequisite class.

Proof of Immunization

Students born prior to 1957 and students who graduated in 1997 or thereafter from a Minnesota high school do not need to provide immunization records. All other students must provide documentation of immunization against these vaccine-preventable diseases: measles, rubella, mumps, diphtheria, and tetanus within the last ten years. Please include immunization records with your application to Itasca.

Documentation of immunization (month and year) can be obtained from personal health records, school records or clinic records. New students who are having grade transcripts transferred from their high school should request that their immunization record be transferred as well. Students without proof of the required immunization will need to obtain them from either their physician or community clinic. Immunization information is to be turned in to the Admissions/Records Office. If needed, immunization forms may be obtained from the Admissions/Records Office.